Thursday, November 6, 2008

Nutritional Riches for the Poor College Student



I guess this would be a little off topic... being it has nothing to do with Physical Education, none the less I feel as a health conscience individual it's my civic duty to share the fruits of my knowledge.

I'd like to consider myself a self proclaimed expert on eating healthy on a budget, my experience in this field can be attributed to reading 1000's of food labels and a steady diet of nutritional info thanks in whole to men's health.

This first food secret is something I take extreme pride in, it's one I have never read anywhere on seen in any publication and in my humble opinion is the king of kings of eating good while saving your hard earned paper. The food my friends is Tina's bean and cheese burritos. Now I know what your thinking, burritos! How could something like that be considered healthy!? Tina's burritos has 14 grams of protein and 11 grams of fiber! Fiber which is slow digesting, which means you feel fuller longer, now what could the price of these handy dandy portable protein/fiber treats be? the answer my friends is a meager 75 cents a pop, or 3 for 2.00$ at price chopper. Eat them in caution though, there is no cure for flatulence.

Another food I'd like to add on my healthy food list would be string cheese, you see them offered for a dollar a pop at the corner store at Corey, however you can get a pack of 24 at price shopper for between 5 to 6 dollars, each one of those little cheeses has 8 grams of protein, under a hundred calories, and only 2 grams of saturated fat, which isn't bad at all considering your daily intake should be around 20 grams.

Thats all for now my poor college friends, tune in next time for more doses of wisdom!

No comments: